Tisha's Treasure's

Welcome to my Blog. This is my little space on the WWW where I'll post tidbits about my family and my hobbies and crafts. Enjoy:)

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Thought I would keep track of my weight loss. In January I joined a fitness club in Seattle area (The Pro Club) and started exercising. My husband has been a member for about 13 years. The kids and I were members at the "Y" - but as nobody was going decided to cancel our membership there - and just join me at The Pro Club. I also joined a program within The Pro Club called 20/20 Lifestyles. It's a weight loss program - I meet with a trainer 3 times a week, see a dietician once a week, go to group meetings, watch a series of videos, (I think there are about 70 of them), meal track, and see a Doctor every 5 weeks. It honestly feels like a part time job - because, in addition, to exercising three times with my trainer, I also have to exercise two other days. I really love it, and I'm having so much fun. When I started the program all I was eating was 4 protein shakes a day plus 2 servings of protein (chicken, beef, etc) and 1 T peanut butter. In addition I would add 1/2 cup berries to each shake, and take 3 different vitamins. The first week was great - had no problems at all. And, to be honest, it's been pretty easy throughout the past 9 weeks (I'm in my 10th week). Each week (on tues - that's when I meet with my dietician) a food group is added back in. The first week is veggies, then dairy, then most types of fruit (bananas are still out), next was beans and finally grains. You start out with 1 grain and each week increase by 1. So now I can have 3 grains a day. You gradually cut down to 0-1 shakes and less protein. I still can't have potatoes, white rice, a couple of fruits, baked beans - and some other foods that I can't remember at the moment. I have learned so much. Just loosing 36 lbs has lowered my blood pressure - and I feel so much healthier, and stronger. I'm loving it. Anyway, thought I'd share...
Until I figure out how to place the "ticker" somewhere at the top of my blog - I'll just keep updating here.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations! I just started Weight Watchers. I wish I could afford or had the time to do something like you are, but I am hoping that Weight Watchers help. We can do this!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home